We are looking for a skilled and curious cryptographer to design Nightwatch's core security protocols. Cryptographers on our team are deeply involved in designing systems, developing threat models for product features, and working with our product and engineering teams to understand and communicate system limitations.
- Design and implement cryptographic protocols for secure messaging and collaboration
- Evaluate emerging privacy-preserving algorithms and integrate them into our platform.
- Work with our trust and safety team to analyze and mitigate various attack vectors, including system compromise and user abuse attacks
- Develop, refine, and review threat models
- Passion for creating effective and usable cryptographic designs
- Strong expertise in fundamental cryptographic algorithms and underlying mathematics
- Knowledge of the limitations and appropriate uses of encryption and hashing algorithms
- Proficiency designing authentication protocols
- Deep understanding of side channel attacks and other challenges to applied cryptography
- Experience with software or cryptography formal methods
- Expertise in at least one of the following concepts and technologies: Authenticated encryption, secure multi-party computation, homomorphic encryption, zero-knowledge proofs, private information retrieval
- Experience designing and analyzing threat models